Available Food Photography Packages:
The options below are pre-packaged deals, if you have a larger project or unique idea, just let me know and I can create a custom package deal for you.
|Option 1||Option 2||Option 3|
|Duration||Up to 30 Minutes||Up to 45 Minutes||Up to 90 Minutes|
|Number of Plates Photographed*||Up to 5||Up to 10||Up to 20|
*You will receive multiple photos of each plate.
Food photography is my latest passion. I officially started one day out of the blue and before I knew it, I had booked seventeen different restaurants in my first trial month! I was so pleasantly surprised! I have no idea why I didn’t start this sooner. I am in love with the colors, the textures, and the countless opportunities for creative and tasty looking options that food photography offers! Oh and yes – my food photography packages do include beverages as well! Looking to add on a chef portrait, that is also available!
Sample Food Photography Gallery
À la carte – Food Photography Add On Items
The following rates are only available as an add-on to one of the Food Photography packages above.
- Additional plate/beverage photographed: $30 each
- Chef Portrait: $99
How does this work?
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text me at 707-706-3711 to schedule your photo session date.
- Submit a $50 deposit payment & sign a contract.
- After the session, I will work on your photos then email you the high resolution, edited versions. Please note, these are digital photos not printed.
The Quick Details Regarding the Food Photography Session:
- Your food photography photographer in a nutshell: Professional, perfectionist (the good kind!) and passionate!
- Location: The photos will be taken in your restaurant or kitchen.
- Your Photos: The photos you will receive will all be professionally retouched with a fast turn-around. Once they are ready you will receive them electrically via a download link. The images you will receive are digital and not printed photographs. You will receive a release allowing you to print these without any restrictions wherever you prefer.
- Booking your session: Once you are ready to book your food photography session, purchase the package on this page then send me an email at FaiolaPhotoVideo@gmail.com to schedule a date.
The Art & Math About It:
Each type of food or beverage item is unique. This means I will customize my shooting position to find the angle that best emphasizes each feature. The three different positions I will be using are – 90 degrees, 45 degrees and 180 degrees.
In the chart pictured here, you will see examples of how each angle is used.
Things I Learned That Can Make or Break Your Food Photography Session:
Presentation: My job is to ensure the food looks as delicious as possible, however, if the presentation is not attractive to begin with, this will be impossible. When dishes are put together quickly rather than attentively, it shows. Pay attention to how you plate each dish so that main item is well displayed. Then have fun with it! Think extra sprinkles of parsley, cheese, or whatever topping or special touch your dish can have. Spending a few extra minutes on the prep side will make a big difference. To make this easier, I recommend scheduling the session when the restaurant is either closed or in between rush hours, so you can focus fully on your investment.
The Plate: Get creative with the kind of plate you decide to use. Think outside the box – maybe you don’t even want a plate! Using a cutting board sometimes works out even better. If you want to keep it simple, my go to is always a nice white plate.
The backdrop: The photos will need to be taken on a nice flat surface, this can be your prep counter or a table.
Decorations: These are those extra touches that will add more character to your photo. Look at the photo with the pink blueberry drink pictured on the chart on this page. I placed a couple of blueberries near the glass, to give it an emphasis and extra personality. Look at the group shot also found on the graph, you’ll see we used forks, napkins, and cups of sauces to bring in colors.
Lighting: I love taking advantage of natural light as much as possible when doing food photography. If you have a window available, shooting near that window will give you the best possible results.
If you have any questions regarding Food Photography or any other services, feel free to call or text me at 707-706-3711, or email me at email@example.com.